If an initial consultation session is required (up to 2 hours) it is for the taking of and analyzing the dog’s behavioral history, contract signing and some coaching with Client and dog. At the conclusion of the consult either party may decline further sessions with no further obligation. If both parties agree to continue sessions it is agreed this will be paid/contracted in sets of 4 sessions.
Continuing session fees are payable in full in advance of any continuing sessions.
Intervals between all levels of sessions are at consultants discretion in accordance with the level structure of the business but are generally either 1 week or 2 weeks between sessions.
Sessions are 1 hour: 50 minutes of instruction/ review and 10 minutes Q and A.
All sessions must be used by: # of sessions scheduled X 3; i.e. 5 sessions X 3 = 15 weeks maximum to complete the 5 sessions.
Sessions lasting over the scheduled time will be charged at a rate of $40 per 15 minutes.
NO Cancellations. Client understands that sessions are reserved for them and as a small business your payment holds a spot in our schedule that others may not use, accordingly Client will be billed at the normal session fee for any “no shows” or appointments canceled.
Refunds: may be possible on a case by case basis: if refunded it will minus any concluded sessions and a cancellation fee of half of the value of one session. If payment was made with a credit card there will be an additional 3% in the cancellation fee.
An extra fee of $20 applies for all sessions that include a consultant provided ‘Helper’.
An extra Service Area fee may also apply to any Field Trips that result in travel to a different service area.
5 week basics program ONLY: If at any time that you and your dog are enrolled in the program, there are any serious problem behaviors you may be required to move into private sessions. If this happens, the fee paid for the 5 week program (minus any sessions used) will roll over into the private sessions. These are likely to become a complete private session situation with a consultation and a 4 session package(s). An additional fee will be required. Fees for this will be determined by the consultant in accordance with the businesses level fee structure.
Client understands and agrees that:
1) Consultant will work directly with me and my dog to coach me according to contemporary positive Animal Behavior Change Procedures that best fit our needs.
2) Client will commit to working with the dog between coaching sessions.
3) Client understands that successful companion pet programs depend on a combination of learned skills on the part of the pet and owner.
4) Behavior change processes may demand personal commitment, self sacrifice and a willingness to change Clients behavior.
5) Behavior is not static; an animal will not continue to perform even trained behaviors without ongoing practice.
6) Consultant will make every reasonable effort to help us attain our goals but makes no guarantees of performance on the part of Client or pet as a result of providing professional animal behavior consultation.
7) A pet’s behavior is ultimately the owner’s responsibility.
8) Especially in cases involving any type of aggression, although behavior may be modified, the dog is never considered “cured”.
9) Dog/dog aggression, human directed aggression and dangerous behavior assessments sessions ONLY: Consultant will send me, my veterinarian and any other parties involved a copy of Consultants Report after our last session.
Client further acknowledges and agrees that:
1) training/behavior modification may be an activity in which damage or injury to dog(s) and/or persons may occur.
2) Client will assume full financial/moral responsibility for the actions of their dog(s).
3) Client further acknowledges that dog(s) may be exposed to a variety of environmental conditions which include, but are not limited to, vehicular travel, interaction with people and other animals, exposure to adverse weather, and exposure to areas with crowds and all types of traffic.
I/We Client agree that I, my/our heirs, assignees and legal representatives will not make claim against, sue, or attach the property of Consultant, her family, acquaintances, or any other person acting on her behalf (Her Agents). I/We Client forever release Consultant and/or Her Agents from any and all liability and demands which I/We Client, and my/our heirs, assignees and legal representatives may have or may hereafter have for injury or damage to or by dog(s), and assume all risks thereof. Client and Consultant hereby agree to mediate and/or arbitrate any misunderstanding that may arise pursuant to the terms contained herein. In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement of costs and legal fees.
This contract supersedes all other agreements, written or oral, previously made between Client and Consultant.
Extended service area fees
Service Area 2 20 to 25 miles +$5 per session
Service Area 3 25 to 30 miles +$10 per session
Service Area 4 30 to 35 miles +$15 per session
Service Area 5 35 to 40 miles +$20 per session
Service Area 6 40 to 45 miles +$25 per session
Service Area 7 45 to 50 miles +$30 per session
We try to be very clear in our communication with you and hope that by providing our terms here that you will be very comfortable in choosing Celtic Cur Behavior & Training and Robin McHale Ehn, CPDT-KSA.
As a small business we are careful to limit the number of clients we service at any one time so we can provide you and your dog with the best possible service. As such your payment holds a spot in our program and prevents others from registering.
Celtic Cur Behavior & Training understands that training or problem behavior programs can be a big commitment both in time and finances. To help you attain your goals with your dog we accept major credit cards through Square card.
All fees shown on web pages are based on Consultants Service Area 1. Full Service Area is broken into 7 areas. Fees for service areas 2 through 7 will apply in addition to contractual session fees.
Robin@CelticCurBehavior.com ~ 530-515-5743
Internationally Certified Professional Dog Trainer ~ Independent Therapy Dogs Inc. evaluator ~ Instructor Click A Cluck, clicker training workshops
Member International Society of Animal Behavior Consultants
Owned by Robin McHale Ehn CPDT-KSA, Celtic Cur Behavior & Training is located in Cottonwood CA and serves the following communities:
Shasta County, Tehama County, Northern California, Shasta Lake, Redding, (old) Shasta, Igo, Ono, Happy Valley, Anderson, Palo Cedro, Millville, Whitmore, Shingletown, Red Bluff, Corning, Los Molinos, Orland
Full Service Area is broken into 7 areas. Fees for service areas 2 through 7 will apply in addition to contractual session fees.